Thursday, April 6, 2006

The Ringing Phone

Michelle had a Dr. Exam on Wednesday and he seems to think she has, "started the process", per say. I'm not so sure if I should be nervous or excited at this point. I guess it's just a matter of time when the phone will ring and it'll be my call to leave, wherever I may be. I keep it on my belt, day in day out. When it goes off, I feel this chill go down my spine and I tense before I answer it. I look at the call display. Private name, private number. Answer it. My wife. No news, just need to ask you a question. At this point, I'm not liking the fact that my cell phone now has the effect to make me nervous everytime it rings. Stupid phone. Even when i recieve a text message now, I do the same, shutter a bit, and get nervous. Geez, this cell phone is now a nerve testing tool. Can Dave survive the ringing cell phone? As soon as everyone stops calling me, and once the baby is born, 'yes'. Whatever happened to nerves of steel? Apparently I don't have it.

I recieved a very good article from a friend here at work, for new fathers. Check it out, as it has some great information in it (Thanks Evelyn). It's called "A New Father's Feelings".

Ring.....ring......

1 comment:

Isabel said...

I have learned you can't believe what the doctor tells you. Blah!!