Sunday, May 28, 2006

Sleeping patterns

Hey guys! Well, 3 days and no post. You're probably wondering if something is wrong by now. Well, nope, nothing. Either we haven't been home, or when we're home, we're too tired to login and post something. Evereything is going well. Baby is growing, baby still screams occasionally, baby hates baths, baby knows the difference between day and night (which is awesome!). The average night sleep is 4 hours at a time, and after feeding at night, he goes to sleep right away. During the day, it takes a little bit of swinging in his swing to get him to sleep. Sometimes he'll just stay awake for the full 3hrs, from about 7-10am and we'll have to feed him again. Usually after that one, he will sleep for a bit. We must be getting used to the sleep thing ourselves. The baby generally wakes up at 7am. Even if Michelle gets up, I will tend to wake up to and just stay up. I never thought there would be a day I would have to wake up before 9am on a weekend. Apparently now, I am not allowed to sleep in anymore. That's ok. I'm sure I can get used to it. Especially since the baby is starting to do new things and I don't want to miss anything.

I would like to thank Mike P (from Oshawa) as he has given us a great swing, that actually swings both front to back and turns so it will go side to side as well. We have found that the baby loves to swing side to side, similar to that of him laying on my legs and swaying them side to side. It's amazing! Also he gave us a little car, where the baby can sit in it. It has a bunch of rattles and toys for him to play with. We'll use it when he's a bit older.

Anyway, that's it for now, the baby is swinging away, but starting to cry a bit, so it's time to check on him.

Anyway, off topic, here is a picture of Chevy (our oldest cat) trying to stop me from leaving the house with my baseball clothes. Good try CHEVY!


No comments: