Thursday, June 8, 2006

My ER Dilemma

Brenden is fine. I am recovering. I had a sharp pain on my lower right side of my stomach on Sunday. Felt more than a stomachache, and didn't feel like I had pulled a muscle or anything. I decided I had better go to the hospital to get it looked at. I was there from 9pm until 2am Monday morning. The Dr. finally got to me about 1:30am. At this point I was in a lot of pain. He checked me out and thought it may be an early sign of appendicitis and ordered that I come back in the morning and have an emergency cat scan done. I went back to the hospital Monday morning for 8am. This time I was there longer, from 8am until about 2:30pm. A long day with most of it spent in the waiting room. The ER was packed. Finally I had the catscan done, and had to wait again. Then, finally I got to see the Dr and the results. *Negative* was the answer I was looking for, and that's what I got. Nothing showed up. On Wednesday I felt much better, although when I eat, I sometimes get a sore stomach. If it doesn't get any better by the end of the week, Iwill have to see the Dr.

As of today, Thursday, I feel about 75% better.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dave & Michelle!
Hope all is well. Been reading your blog often. I've tried to leave some comments but I seem to SUCK at it. Maybe this one will work! Brenden is a fine handsome lad, isn't he?
DD (double D)

Anonymous said...

Okay, DD. I don't think it's you, because I left a comment two days ago, and now I see that it isn't here either.

So, I'll try again.

Hey, hope you're feeling better! It sucks going to the doctor only to be told that there's nothing wrong with you. But of course, I guess it's better than the alternative...

Take care.

schafty said...

Hey, guess I'm ok still. I made through the week. I even managed to put 2 posts in this week!

Haha!