Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Welcome to week 37!

What does Week 37 bring, click here to find out!

Well, as most of you already know, my wife and I are expecting our first child. The due date is scheduled for April 7, 2006. We are very excited at this point, but yet nervous as hell.

We did a tour of the Ajax Hospital last night, to see where we would be spending a few days during the delivery time. We are somewhat prepared.

We have the nursury almost completed. Just some shelves left to hang up. The crib is now in the room, as well as the dresser and change table. The baby has a full dresser, which has already accumulated more clothes than I have in my whole wardrobe. Here are a few pictures of the work from start to now.

From this:


To this:


Coming along, just as the baby is.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like I have competition in the blogging department. Not that it would take much to compete with me and my schedule of updating once a month or so.

Good to see the site! I'll be keeping an eye on it. Good luck guys! Can't wait to see the next Schaefer...

schafty said...

Thank's Steve. I am sure it'll turn into a once a month thing once the new baby is here, but then againm with me, you never know.

Great to hear from you!

Anonymous said...

We're in Kuala Lumpur right now. Looks like we will be home when little schafty/schaftette will be 5 weeks old. Hope the next little while and the main event go smoothly.

My advice? Get LOTS of sleep now!!

Anonymous said...

Gosh, what an international bunch of comments!

I'd like to be in KL myself...

schafty said...

Yes, the two of you are very international right now. Japan and Malaysia. No one local wants to write....haha!

schafty said...

Yeah right, DD. I am hoping we can make it, but it's not looking like it. We're due on April 7 and the banquet is on April 8. Good planning on my part, eh?

Dave

Anonymous said...

Hi the two or rather three of you. Nice to read all that "every-day-news" from you! All the best and keep on writing... we are all excited about the new family member here in Germany! Keep in touch. The Barnscheidts and Burgers