Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Gobble Gobble!

HAPPY BELATED THANKSGIVING!

This past weekend Brenden has been happy go lucky. I'm quite surprised his face doesn't hurt from laughing and smiling so much. I know mine does.

He didn't seem to mind the fact that we put about 800km on the car over the past weekend, travelling, visiting all the family. He seemed to take it better than I thought. The times he was awake in the car, he didn't fuss about it. Most of the time he just talks to his soother, probably hoping it will talk back to him. It doesn't. I tried talking to it too, but nothing.

As I said previously, he seems to become more aware of his environment day by day. He loves to watch the cat simply walk around him in circles. Brenden is tending to follow every single movement an animate object or person will make. You can see the wheels turning. I really think he would jump in and help if he could. Do your chores Brenden, then you can play. OK, were not at that stage yet...*sigh*, I'll put the dishes away this time.

Brenden has now moved away from laughing at the word, "naked", and will now smile and/or laugh at pretty much anything that has the letter "B" in it. "Baby", and sadly enough, "Boo-bee" is now his favorite words. I taught him well.

He can now roll over both ways consistantly, however, he hasn't figured out the crawling part yet. I'm 'ok' with that. He will also sit up, albeit aided, but just lightly holding on to his arms and he sits fine. He can also stand quite well. Holding on to his arms, he will put his legs straight out as if he wants to stand up. Not yet, "B", not yet. We're not ready for that quite yet.

He now eats his pablum from the spoon much easier. He's almost an expert. On the weekend, he got his first very small sampling of ice cream. "Thanks Bill!", just what I need, a baby wired on ice cream. Actually, he was fine that night, nothing happened out of the ordinary.

Anyway, once again I've updated pictures on my picture site. The link to "Baby Pictures" is on the left side of this BLOG Site. We are enjoying the 5-6 month stage a lot. It's awesome!

No comments: