Monday, November 13, 2006

Lack of Postings

We're all still here and doing ok. I caught a little bit of the flu bug and think I've passed it on to Brenden. He has a little cough, but still pretty happy nevertheless.

Within the next week, Michelle will be having surgery to have gall stones removed. She's been having attacks regularly and not feeling well because of it. She may be going on Tuesday if she has another by then. The pain is unbearable and she said she would rather give birth than have attacks. It has really limited her to what she can eat and what she does eat, she can't keep it down. We are blaming Brenden for the Gall Stones, as they say it's pretty common after giving birth. We believe this is the contributing factor, "Estrogen: Excess estrogen from pregnancy, hormone replacement therapy, or birth control pills appears to increase cholesterol levels in bile and decrease gallbladder movement, both of which can lead to gallstones".
I'll keep you posted on any further updates to this.

Today, we had our first family pictures done at Walmart. We also got Brenden to pose for a few himself. We were late getting there and had to wait about 20 minutes at which time Brenden starting getting tired and a little crusty. He hung in there like a trooper and smiled at every picture taken. Once we get the pictures, I'll scan them and post them here. They turned out awesome. Can't wait to get them.

Brendens' sleeping patterns have finally changed. He is finally on Eastern Standard Time. On a good night, he'll sleep until 8-9am without making a peep, and other times, he'll wake up during the night 3-4 times in search of his soother. Right now he may be a little off at night due to the cold which I generously passed on. It's so hard to stay away from him when you have a cold and you need to help out.

As far as words, he hasn't picked any new ones up yet. He still makes motor boat sounds and blowing spit at the same time, all while driving his bouncy car.

On Saturday (Nov 13) I gave Michelle a much needed break and took Breden to see my Aunt Marilyn and Cousin Brian and went to see Grandma & Grandpa Schaefer for the day. He was very good and in high spirits all day.

Other than that, nothing else is new. Sorry for those looking for photos. I don't have any new ones to show you. Since I know there are many out there that want to see more. I've had a few people mention that I should post 1 each day. Yeah right! I'm lazy, can't you tell by the lack of postings?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heh, Grandma and Grandpa Schaefer. I love that. Cracks me up. Can I call them that when I visit this Christmas?

Can't wait to see Brenden, too.

schafty said...

You can call them that. I'm sure gramps would be fine too. HAHA!

Looking forward to seeing you this Christmas. When are you flying in?

Dave

Anonymous said...

be carefull what you say guy's