Wednesday, August 2, 2006

Ride for Diabetes

I hate to solicit money using this BLOG, but I have entered myself into the "Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation's Ride for Diabetes Research" and it's for a great cause.

Here's how it works:
Teams consist of 5 Riders, and on event day each team member will alternate riding a stationary bike for 8-minutes over the course of 40 minutes. Many teams like to compete to see who can clock the most kilometers, raise the most money, show the most spirit, make the most noise, and have the best costumes.

Click this line to sponsor me any amount you wish. $1, $2, $5, $10 or $20, heck, I even take $50's and $100's. Anything will help. I have set my goal of raising $500+. So far I have reached $125. Thanks to those that have already donated and to those that plan on helping me reach my goal.

Here is the information about the ride:
Ride InformationCity: Toronto, ON
Venue: Nathan Phillips Square
Date of Ride: 9/15/2006
Ride Time: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Length of Ride: Every hour on the hour from 9:00am - 4:00pm

Again I am using this to promote a good cause, so any donation will help.

Thanks,
David Schaefer

PS. I will post the events of the week on Friday. Not much to post, but I'll try and think of something.

No comments: