Monday, August 21, 2006

Away for a few days

Well, it's been a long time since the last post. The past 5 days I was away from home spending time at the Havelock Country Jamboree and Michelle was away for the weekend in London in a baseball tournament. This was Brenden's first time away from home without mom or dad around. He spent the day (Friday) at Grandma Schaefer's house, and spend Saturday and Sunday at Oma Vanderwel's. Apparently he was an angel and there wasn't any problems at all. That's a sigh of relief. I kept thinking that while I was away, hoping that all would go well. As we found, it is very, very hard to be away from him more than a few hours. I managed 5 days, but was dying to see him. I missed him a lot. Michelle on the other hand stated that 3 days was way to long and said that she's not ready to give him up for anymore than a half day at a time. Apparently, I'm going to my ball tournament in Niagara Falls by myself this year, since that will be 3 days as well. Unless of course we brought him with us, but that would be tough right now.

Yesterday once major accomplishment happened. Brenden rolled over on to his stomach all by himself. The past few weeks he made it half way to the stomach, but couldn't get that extra umph to get all the way. Now he rolls over and puts his head up. Only thing now, he has to learn how to roll back. After a few minutes he starts crying while on his stomach, so we have to roll hime back over. Of course, we couldn't catch that one on camera, but maybe later today I can.

Last week I also produced Brenden's first DVD. Clips from Day 1 up to 4 months (by the way, Brenden turned 4 months yesterday). It turned out quite well.

Anyway, now that I'm back home, I'll start taking more photos and videos again. I can't post the videos here as the size is to big and the bandwidth wouldn't allow it. However, feel free to ask for a copy of the DVD, it's only $20 + shipping and handling. Just kidding.

Until next post, which I promise will contain the latest photos of the growing Brenden.

No comments: